Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Let The Holiday Season Begin!

I love the holidays. I love getting together with family. I am really looking forward to Christmas this year. It definitely won't be big, but I think it will be nice. Steve is already getting into the spirit - he has several strands of lights up around the house. Inside and out. I will wait until after Thanksgiving to really start decorating, but I am looking forward to getting our Nativity out. I would like to find a nice, wooden Advent calendar. I have a snowman that holds how many days are left, but I have always wanted an Advent calendar. I have been holding myself back from breaking out the Christmas CD's. Maybe they will make an appearance this weekend. ;-) Grace never put hers away. It was quite odd hearing "Jingle Bells" come streaming down the steps in the middle of July! I'm not looking forward to Thanksgiving as much. I am looking forward to this weekend, because we will have Thanksgiving dinner at Mom's with her entire side of the family. This will be Grace's first Thanksgiving with my side. However, Thanksgiving day is another story. Mom will be at her mother-in-law's. Dad can't come up, because Bonnie has to work Friday. Jennifer is spending the day with her boyfriend. All of Steve's family are too far away. So, we will have no one but us here for dinner. Don't misunderstand - I will still have a good day, because it will be spent with my husband and kids. However, I have always looked forward to the holidays since we always had so much family around. I love the feeling of everyone being together. But, we will still have turkey and football and the four of us will be together!! Happy holidays, everyone!!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Our gatherings are always small but hey easier to handle and clean up after right?