Saturday, July 12, 2008

It's Been a Busy Summer - and It's Not Over!

It has been absolutely crazy around here. Ever since the end of May. My cousin, Nikki, married a wonderful guy, Eric, on May 31st. They had a beautiful wedding. I had the honor of being their photographer. Nikki had to have bene the most laid back bride I have ever been around. Steve helped me with the pictures and said Eric was a ball of nerves. While talking to Eric at the reception, he said he was just nervous, because he was hoping everything would be perfect for Nik. It was. They had a beautiful day and a great start to their new life. I love both of you!!
The week after Nikki and Eric's wedding, the kids got out of school. It has been crazy since. As I posted earlier, we had to take an unexpected trip to Chicago. We have been doing small projects around the house, trying to get it to look how we would like it to look - planting flowers, ripping out ones we don't like, rearranging things, etc. Then, it was the 4th of July. We really didn't seek out any fireworks this year. I told Steve after seeing them in Disney, I am a bit spoiled now. ;-) We did visit my grandparents and aunt and uncle at a campground for a picnic. The campground had fireworks, so the kids were able to see those. My favorite part of the summer so far has been my "Trash the Dress" session I did with two girls I know. "Trash the Dress" is a new way of photography. It's a creative alternative to the traditional prom or wedding pictures. I have posted my pictures elsewhere and I have been told I am "selfish, wasteful and not eco-friendly". At first, I was really upset with the comments. But, I have gotten an overwhelming positive response to these pictures.I guess the people who were against it thought we were totally trashing the dresses - never to have them worn again. From what I have read, most photographers have reported that the dresses really aren't harmed in making the pictures (well, at least not the ones that aren't burned, ripped, thrown paint on, etc.). 99% of the dresses are as good as new with a simple dry cleaning. That's how I left these girls' dresses - just needing a dry cleaning. We had an absolute blast!! I think I am hooked. I am so happy with the results and really look forward to it, again. I would love to do a wedding at some point.
This week was the big, ol' Canton fair. Absolutely nothing to report from that. It's smaller than the last time I was there 9 years ago. A bit sad, really. However, I did see a few people from my class. It was nice connecting with them, again. Next week, Steve and I are off to Hershey. No, not Hershey Park, just Hershey. We are going to see Rush in concert on Thursday night. Not sure what we will do the rest of the time we will be there. We are going without the kids! They will be spending the time with my sister. When we get back, it will be time for the Troy fair. I have been asked to take some pictures there a couple days that week. Should be pretty fun. In a couple weeks we will have Andrew's 14th birthday. That is something I can't wrap my brain around right now. It just doesn't seem possible. Then our family reunion will be coming along and then back to school. Where has the summer gone???

No comments: