Way back in February, I bought tickets to a
Rush concert. They were for Steve's birthday. Steve's birthday was in January, but the tickets didn't go on sale until February. The concert was on Thursday, July 17th, in Hershey. It was a long wait from February to July, but it was well worth it.
Since I was only able to afford two tickets, we made plans for my sister to watch the kids. Steve and I decided to go camping and make a long weekend out of it. It was certainly much more affordable than staying at a hotel. It was also the first time we had taken a "vacation" without the kids since we first started dating. It was a good time.
Camping - We stayed at the Elizabethtown/Hershey KOA. I would recommend it to anyone. They really seem to love their jobs and their campground. They had activities planned for the kids and families every day. And it's clean. We lucked out and got the largest tent site in the campground. And as an extra bonus, we got a skunk at no extra charge!! Yup, I said a skunk. The people next to us said they had seen a skunk a couple nights in a row before we arrived. We think he came for a visit while we were at the concert. When we got back from the concert, Steve had the flashlight and happened to shine it in the screened in "porch" area of our tent. There were rolls all over the place. Apparently it got hungry and decided to make a mess. During the night, I woke up to Steve hitting the side of the tent with his pillow. He said it was back. I told him to knock it off, because it was a skunk. I didn't want to startle it and get sprayed. He insisted it was not a skunk, because he didn't smell it. I am certain it was a skunk. The next night, Dad, and his wife, Bonnie, came for dinner. When we were done eating, we were sitting around the campfire talking. It was dark, but I saw something moving out of the corner of my eye behind us. It was the skunk!! He was not afraid of us at all and made his way around our camp. I had never seen four grown adults move so fast in my life! My dad and Steve tracked him to make sure he stayed far enough away. He made his way to other campsites, but came back a couple times. After the third time, we didn't see him, again, the rest of the night. Thankfully. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep due to the skunk. Well, I wasn't able to sleep, but it was due to the people who had arrived at 10:00 that night. They were up until 2:00 AM screaming, banging things, etc. Steve finally yelled (not so nicely) at them to shut up and go to bed. They quieted down immediately, but then had a light pointed at our tent for over half an hour. But, at least they were quiet! We left the next day and were glad we didn't have to deal with them another night.
Rush - The concert was absolutely awesome! We were on the floor, 50 rows back from the stage at the Hershey Stadium. I thought we had great seats. Until the concert started. Of course, everyone stood up and didn't sit down for the rest of the concert. Steve was able to see everything, thankfully. He asked how I liked it. I told him the band
sounded great and the lights were pretty!! They palyed for FOUR HOURS!! They had no opening band. It was just the three of them. They took about a 20 minute break in the middle, but the rest was all Rush. They sounded great. I seriously think they sound better live than they do on their CD's. The sound is so much more full. It went by so fast. They are definitely a band I would go see, again, if given the chance. I can't begin to explain how great they were.
The rest of the time we were in the Hershey area, we did some sight seeing. It was nice to be back in the Lancaster/Strasburg area, but it was so disappointing to see how much it has changed since the last time I was there. It is so commercialized now. Alot of the Amish are getting pushed out. I see more Amish here at home than we did while down there. It's sad. I didn't take a single picture while we were there. I had my camera, but just didn't see anything to take a picture of. Plus, I drove the entire time, so it made it a little more difficult. We did have some good food (just like my grandmother's) and we had a great tiem. It went by too fast.
Now we are getting ready to head to Gettysburg to camp for Andrew's birthday in a week and a half. That should be fun. I have never been there before and neither has Andrew. He is a huge Civil War buff and has been wanting to go. But, shhhhh. It's a surprise! He doesn't know we're going.
No comments:
Post a Comment