Oh my gosh!! I can't believe I am doing this. I am heading back to college. I have not stepped foot in a classroom as a student in 19 years. What have I gotten myself into???
I will be attending Mansfield University for Elementary Education with a secondary certificate in Early Childhood. I have worked in child care for over 20 years. I keep trying to get out, but it keeps sucking me back in. Even though I have the experience to be a director for a center, I do not have that piece of paper. So, instead of being an aide the rest of my life, I have decided to do something about it.
My first day of classes is August 31st. So, I have less than a week to be "free". The kids first day of school is the same day. Thankfully, my schedule for this term is pretty good. I can be home to get Grace on the bus most days. And I will be home before the kids two days a week and not long after the other three. Thankfully, my early days coincide with Steve coaching football and Grace doing cheerleading. It's going to be busy.
I am scared to death, but I am also really looking forward to this. Keeping my fingers crossed all goes well....
So here's the thing...
14 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment