Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend...

It was beautiful here this past weekend. Finally. It has been so chilly and we were finally in the 70's - and even 80's. I wasn't sure if we would ever see summer this year. And now that we've had a taste of it, I'm sure it will be brutal once it hits for good. We took advantage of the weather and took the kids on a picnic on Sunday. For those who are familiar with the area, we headed to County Bridge. I was surprised to see the place was completely empty when we arrived. However, not long after we got there, several other families arrived, too. We had a chicken barbecue and the kids had a great time playing. After we were done eating, we headed to the crick. Grace wanted to get in so bad and I completely knew how she felt. I swear she was a fish in a previous life. However, it was way too cold. Maybe next time.
Monday was parade day. Grace wanted to know if it was going to be like a Disney parade. Steve and I laughed. I had forgotten she had not been to a Canton parade before. Boy was she in for a big disappointment. I am now beginning to think we should have started with a Canton parade and worked our way up to the Disney stuff. It seemed to work out for Andrew!! She still had a great time. My cousin's girlfriend is this year's Troy Fair Queen, so she threw a ton of candy at the kids as she went by. After the parade we had the usual speeches at the pool. Then we headed home to get ready for a cookout with my Uncle Steve and his family. Over all, it was a great weekend. Now we're in the home stretch for Nikki's wedding. That is this coming Saturday. I will be their photographer and am nervous and excited all at the same time. I'm looking forward to posting some of her pictures. Stay tuned!

No comments: